Tuesday 24 November 2009

When we were Five...

There is lots of beaches at Wales,
They are fun.
There is lots of jellyfish.
It’s very sandy.
There is lots of seaweed.
I run through the waves every time I go.
The waves are giant.
We saw a big crab,
It only had three legs.
I found it.
We made a sand lake.
Mummy made a spiral.
We stuck our feet in some bubbles.
I found a lot of razor shells.
We went in a cave,
It was dark.

A little explanation: I was talking to my 5 year old daughter about poems yesterday. She wanted to write one. I asked her to think of a special day and tell me about it to make the poem. These are the words that came from her mouth. No editing, shuffling or additions by me. The photo shows her on the day she is talking about.

3 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I'm feeling sentimental this evening about how amazingly fast my little girl (3yo) is growing up, so this blog post almost brought tears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you both so much for the comments.

    I'm really glad I got this on paper. You're quite right, in just a month or so she'll grow more and sound different.

    So pleased you did enjoy this as it felt quite indulgent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful words - children say the most amazing sentiments and view the world amazingly - they are fab!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and spam comments shall not pass.