Tuesday 13 December 2011

bubblegum



"Bubblegum" taken by @Anglo on her iPhone 3GS

"Firstly I noticed how good she'd got at blowing bubbles so thought it was time to 'capture the moment'. I asked her to stand by a brightly lit window, and turn so the sun hit the side of her face. I only just managed to catch the bubble before it burst. I edited completely in Camera+, cropping closer and to a square, adding the vibrant filter to juice everything up, they using a vignette border to get rid of all evidence of the room. Really pleased with the light in the bubble."

Original photograph

If you enjoyed this, don't miss out on the next iPhone photo explained:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the Vignette border--didn't realize it was possible to obliterate background. Handy for shots that include my messy home!

    I wish the Instgram apps included descriptions of each filter. These design-focused start-ups tend to totally ignore the importance of copywriting.

    This would be a cool post--one app per post, 1-2 sentence description of what each filter does.

    In your spare time, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorraine, I think that a lot of graphic design types don't get the importance of good copywriting, but when you find a app, or website, or anything, where great design and writing are used, it blows everything else out the water, doesn't it?

    I will put your filer description post in the suggestion box ;)

    Anglo

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated and spam comments shall not pass.