Thursday 13 May 2010

Button Rings and Brooches for sale by me…

I just wanted to do a mini-blog to share some of my crafty creations with you, and invite you to the summer shows where they will be for sale.



Theses are rings and brooches I have made using vintage fabrics from charity shops and old buttons with a few beads thrown in for cuteness. Many of the buttons were taken from my great grandmother’s sewing box, so date right back to the 1940s.



I’m not a crafter. This is the first time I have done any craft since being at school. I’m pretty happy with the result, and itching to do some more.

These items, and many more by very talented crafty friends of mine, will be for sale at the traditional country shows in and around Lincolnshire (UK) this summer, on the Lincolnshire Tree Services’ stall, alongside their lovely rustic furniture and chainsaw carvings. Here's my daughter on one of their chairs.


 The full list of shows is:

21st, 22nd, 23rd May - British Super Bikes, Cadwell Park
Saturday 5th & Sunday 6th June - Market Rasen, Gardeners' Fair
Sunday 13th June - Grainthorpe Show and Vintage Tractor Run
Wed 23rd & Thurs 24th June - Speed Carving Lincolnshire Show
Sunday 27th June - Brocklesby Country Fair (live demos main arena)
Sunday 27th June - Attica's Lincolnshire Living Fayre, Tealby
Sunday 1st August - Revesby Country Show
Sunday 5th September - Lincolnshire Firewood Fair and Auction, Scrivelsby
Sunday 12th September - North Thoresby 1940s Weekend

So if you’re near by, or fancy a day out in lovely Lincolnshire, you know what to do!

Comments always welcome, as is sharing using this handy thingy:

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated and spam comments shall not pass.